Proposed Post Graduate and Well equipped Multy’ speciality Hospital
PERSONALITIES WE ARE INDEBTED TO
We express our deep gratitude to some hon’ble personalities such as Sri Bamapada Mukherjee Ex. Mayor of Asansol Municipal Corporation. Sri Goutam Roy Chowdhury Ex. MLA Asansol. Ashok Samanta, Barin Talukdar of Mines Board of health Late Haradhan Roy Ex.
M.P. Asansol. Sri Jibon Ray M.P., Burdwan, Sri Madan Ghosh Ex. Sabhadhipati Burdwan Zilla Parishad, The Vice Chancellor University of Burdwan. Minister in Charge, Dept. of Health & family welfare Govt. of W.B., The President of Central Council of Homoeopathy New Delhi, Sri Sitaram Jindal, a Delhi based industrialist and philanthropist through the trust Controlled by House of Jindal is a regular to our donar many other dignitories & donars for their active Cooparation for upgradation and welfare of this institute.
We are also thankful to the Govt. of Nagaland, Manipur, Mizzoram, Tripura for Sending Student from their state regularly.
We are also greatful to our Mayor & MLA Mr. Tapas Banerjee & Hon’ble MIC Mr. Malay Ghatak for their kind co-operation. We are fortunate enough that our Local Managing Committee is now headed by our Hon’ble Minister Shri Malay Gharak, with his active presence cooperation, guidance our college is stepping forward boldly and confidently.
AIMS & GOALS
1) To Run M.D. (Hom.) Course (P.G.)
2) Research Wing.
3) To complete our Modern Well equiped Multi speciality Hospital
(under process of Construction)
Local Managing Committee of the Institution :
1. Hon’ble Sri Malay Ghatak, MIC Law Affairs, Govt. of W.B. Chair Person
2. Dr. Rohini Kumar Mandal, Principal Member Secretary
3. Dr. Arita Chattaraj (Sen) Member
4. Dr. Shyamal Sannyal Member
5. Sri Sisir Banerjee Member
6. Dr. Biswajyoti Chatterjee Member
7. Dr. Uday Sankar Ganguly Member
8. Dr. Tapan Kumar Chatterjee Member
9. Sri Kamal Kant Chowdhury Member
DEVELOPMENTAL MILESTONE OF BENGAL
HOMOEOPATHIC MEDICAL COLLEGE & HOSPITALS.
3rd May, 1980 -
22nd July, 1980 -
13th August, 1980
6th September, 1980
18th November, 1980 -
22nd April, 1981
From the Session 1983-84
From the Session 1995-96
2004 – 2005.
The trustees of Bengal Homoeopharmacy Trust taken the Priliminary Step towards establishing a full fladged Homoeopathic College & Hospital i.e. Bengal Homoeopathic Medical College & Hospital.
Sri Nani Bhattacharyya the Hon’ble Minister of H& FW. Govt. of W.B., Visited himself regarding the possibilities of the proposed Institution.
- A full fladged inspection team headed by the Chairman Nikhil Das of Council of Homoeopathic Medicine. W.B. to asses for themself the viability and all pros & cons of the institution.
- The Council of Homoeopathic Medicine. W.B. Put their Seal of approval on our institution to teach Diploma in Medicine & Surgery.
The institution formely opened by Sri Nani Bhattacharya The Hon’ble Minister for Health & family welfare. Govt. of West Bengal.
- His Excellency, the Governor of West Bengal Laid the foundation Stone of our institution on the vast land at Ismile & also donated to Rs. 5000/- for development.
- D.H. M.S. Course Introduced as an unified all India Diploma course under Central Council of Homoeopathy New Delhi.
- The University of Burdwan has granted affiliation to run Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Course. Comprising five years including one year compulsory intership.
At the Present this institution has acquired affiliation of the West Bengal University of Health Sciencess to run the B.H.M.S. Course from the Academic Session.
At present the authority is running, a boys hostel in spacious rented house at Sasti Nagar, near College Campus, Two girls hostel are also running in a rented at Satabdi Nagar near College Campus & other one behind College Campus.
A, fifty beded In-patient Department is running associated with department of medicine, surgery, Gynaecology & Obstetrics pediatrics, with well equipped Operation Theater and Pathological Laboratory The I.P.D. of Hospital wing at Present is situated at Administration block and will be shifted soon to newly Constructed building.
The out patient’s Department has four units. The main unit is situated at the ground floor of Academic Block.
The other four peripheral O.P.D.S are Viz.
1) At Radha Nagar, Asansol.
2) At Talkuri village which is 6km away from Asansol city A large Number of patients are being
treated in O.P.D. and I.P.D. and more in 2 venues.
Course of Study The Degree Course in Homoeopathy is Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.) Course Comprising 41/ years of theoritical, 2 practical & clinical classes & 1 year rotatory compulsory internship of Sub-divisional Hospital, Asansol and College Hospital,Asansol.
Selection for Admission
a) Passed (10+2) H.S. Science or its equivalent Examination & has passed in the subject of Physics, Chemistry & Biology.
b) Attained the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission to the First year of the Course.
c) Selection will be made on the basis of joint Entrance Examination, Conducted by Central Selection Committee, Swasthya Bhavan, Kolkata, Govt. of W.B. Hospital, Operation Theatre, IPD Building Dissection Going On
College visit of by the Hon’ble ADM, CMOH & others.
d) 50% of the students may be admitted against payment seats on the basis of results of H.S.(10+2) or equivalent examinations securing at least 50% marks.
Fees for Admission
Fees for admission for each academic Session to be paid during the time of admission (As approved by Department of Health & Family welfare of Govt. of W.B.).
The Course Curriculums
Subjects for study and Examination for the B.H.M.S. (Degree) Course Shall be as under :-
2) Physiology including Biochemistry.
3) Organon of medicine, Principles of Homoeopathic Philosophy & Psychology.
4) Homoeopathic Pharmacy.
5) Homoeopathic Materia Medica & Therapeutics.
6) Pathology and Microbiology.
7) Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Practice of Medicine
10) Obstetrics and Gynaecology
11) Community Medicine